MILWAUKEE (WTAQ) - It's possible that two suspects will go free, after a disturbance which led to the shooting deaths of two teens in Milwaukee on March 12th.
Prosecutors said Wednesday that 39-year-old Jeremy Rossetto of Cudahy will not be charged, because he shot the teens in self defense.
Charges are still being considered a 20-year-old man, who was with the teens and allegedly punched Rossetto just before the shootings. However, Rossetto's lawyer tells the Journal Sentinel that he's been told the man will not be taken into court -- and that's okay with Rossetto because he just wants the whole thing to be over.
Rossetto was a maintenance worker in the west side Milwaukee apartment building where the slayings occurred. Officials said he was about to change fire extinguishers when he got into a verbal confrontation with three young people in a stairwell.
Police said one of the three held Rossetto, while two others hit him with a souvenir baseball bat. The maintenance worker then pulled a gun and shot them.
Rossetto's lawyer said earlier that his client had a permit to carry his concealed weapon, claiming it was an "occupational necessity" to do so.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)