OSHKOSH, WI (WTAQ) - A name change is coming for a big Oshkosh employer.
On Tuesday, Miles Kimball Company announced that it will be known as Silver Star Brands.
Company officials say the name Silver Star better represents the catalog company as it grows and adds brands.
Silver Star Brands sends catalogs to more than 120 million homes, and markets to millions more through direct mail, TV, radio and online. The company’s target audience is women ages 50 and over, with increasing demands for health, wellness and beauty products.
Brand names under the Silver Star umbrella include:
- As We Change: serving the needs and preferences of women age 40+ with anti-aging, health and well being products including beauty, skin care, hair care, figure enhancing apparel, and weight management.
- Easy Comforts: empowering healthy and independent living providing product solutions for the challenges of various life stages including mobility, diabetic needs, incontinence, health and wellness and personal care.
- Walter Drake: delivering functional and value priced items for all ages including kitchen, household, health and wellness, personalized gifts, and stationery.
- Miles Kimball: an industry leader offering unique, useful and hard-to-find gadgets, including kitchenware, household, seasonal, food products and personalized gifts.
- Exposures: the preeminent source helping consumers celebrate life's memorable occasions with unique photo related items such as albums, frames, storage and personalized gifts.
The company has about 500 permanent employees, with seasonal employment surpassing 1,000.