KAUKAUNA, WI (WTAQ) - Firefighters in Kaukauna say grease build up on the grill of a bar kitchen caused a fire on Sunday.
It happened around 1 p.m. at Bachelors II Bar and Grill on Crooks Avenue.
The building was evacuated prior to fire crews arriving. No one was injured.
Upon arrival, heavy smoke was coming from the bar, the eaves, and grill ventilation unit. A small amount of fire was found in the wall behind the grill.
Crews quickly extinguished the flames.
Damage was done to the grill ventilation system and adjacent wall and ceiling. The estimated loss totals $5,000.