BELOIT, WI (WTAQ) - Two people were injured when a house exploded in Beloit Sunday night.
A 33-year-old woman was burned in the blast. She was taken to a Janesville hospital.
A 37-year-old man was flown to UW Hospital in Madison with second-degree burns. There was no immediate word on their conditions. Several pets also died.
The explosion was reported around 7:40 p.m. The house was destroyed.
Media reports said 8 houses were evacuated due to concerns about natural gas that firefighters smelled.
Wisconsin Power and Light was called to shut off the gas and electricity to the structure.
Beloit Fire Chief Brad Liggett said an investigation would begin Monday. The state Fire Marshal will assist. He said there’s no indication of foul play at this point.