NEW YORK (WTAQ) - The final day of the 2013 NFL Draft was a busy one for the Green Bay Packers.
Here's a synopsis of the Packers draft selections on Day 3:
--4th Round David Bakhtiari, offensive line, Colorado, 6-4, 301, 5.08/40 J.C. Tretter, offensive line, Cornell, 6-3, 307, 5.04/40 Johnathan Franklin, running back, UCLA, 5-10, 200, 4.50/40 --5th Round Micah Hyde, cornerback, Iowa, 5-11, 194, 4.57/40 Josh Boyd, defensive tackle, Mississippi State, 6-2, 307, 5.14/40 --6th Round Nate Palmer, linebacker, Illinois State, 6-2, 248, 4.72/40 --7th Round Charles Johnson, wide receiver, Grand Valley State, 6-2, 215, 4.40/40 Kevin Dorsey, wide receiver, Maryland, 6-1, 207, 4.47/40 Sam Barrington, linebacker, South Florida, 6-1, 240, 4.85/40
- Offensive lineman David Bakhtiari was the first of nine Green Bay choices on the final day of the 2013 NFL Draft. The 6-4, 301 pounder played his college ball at Colorado. He was the 109th player taken.
- Another offensive lineman, J.C. Tretter, was the 122nd player chosen and the Packers’ second pick in the fourth round. He is 6-3 and 307 pounds and played at Cornell.
- UCLA speedster Johnathan Franklin became the second running back taken by the Packers. He was the 125th player drafted. Franklin is known as a runner and receiver. He is 5-10 and 200 pounds.
- Cornerback Micah Hyde of Iowa was the first pick of the 5th round for Green Bay. His coach says the 5-11, 194-pound player has a high football IQ. He was the 159th player taken in the draft.
- Defensive tackle Josh Boyd played at Mississippi State. One of a record 63 SEC players drafted this week. He was pick number 167. Boyd is 6-2 and 307 pounds.
- Linebacker Nate Palmer played at Illinois State. He is 6-2 and 248 pounds. Very fast for his size. He was the 193rd pick and Green Bay’s only selection in the 6th round.
- Wide receiver Charles Johnson played for Grand Valley State, catching 128 passes in two seasons for 31 touchdowns. Ran a 4.4 40. He has good size at 6-2 and 215 pounds. Johnson was the 216th draft selection.
- Wide receiver Kevin Dorsey played at Maryland, catching 81 passes for nine touchdowns in two seasons as a starter. He is 6-1 and 207. Dorsey was the 224th player taken.
- Linebacker Sam Barrington played at South Florida. He is 6-1 and 240 pounds. Lost weight and picked up speed after his senior season. He was taken 232nd.