FOND DU LAC, WI (WTAQ) - Fire damages a Fond du Lac home Thursday.
Fire crews get the call just after 4:30 a.m. to 83 6th Street. Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke in the upper unit of the building.
Crews were able to put the flames out quickly, but it caused severe damage to the building and the items inside.
Paramedics attended to one male from the upper unit.
Firefighters are still trying to figure out exactly how the fire started, but they say preliminary investigation results point to the misuse of an extension cord.