On Air Now

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Listen

Listen Live Now » 1360 AM Northeast, WI 97.5 FM Green Bay, WI

Weather

Current Conditions(Green Bay,WI 54303)

More Weather »
41° Feels Like: 33°
Wind: W 14 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0.11”
Current Radar for Zip

Tonight

Showers 39°

Tomorrow

AM Clouds/PM Sun 63°

Sat Night

Mostly Clear 34°

Alerts

Most Wisconsin school districts see cut in state funding

by
Education graphic (properly sized)
Education graphic (properly sized)

MADISON, WI (WTAQ) - Dozens of Wisconsin school districts will either get the same or more state aid than a year ago – but most will get less.

That’s according to a district by district breakdown released Monday by the state Department of Public Instruction.

272 school systems will get less money from Madison than a year ago. That’s 64 percent of the 424 public school districts in the Badger State. And the other 36 percent, or 152 districts, will get the same or more funding from Madison.

Last year, only 13 districts got more than the previous year.

The state is spending $4.3 billion on public schools this year, about $32 million more than a year ago. But that includes aid that’s given to private school voucher programs in Milwaukee and Racine – and that means the others are seeing a net decline. 

Comments