RACINE, WI (WTAQ) - Funeral services were to begin late Friday morning for three children killed in a house fire in Racine a week ago.
Nine-year-old Dayja Scott, her eight-year-old sister Dalija, and their seven-year-old brother Michael died in the blaze. Their 5-year-old brother Luther remained hospitalized at last word.
The fire was started by a candle in a bathroom, after the electricity was recently shut off at the Scott home.
The New Golden Gate Funeral Home is picking up the cost of the funerals for the family – and the survivors have received lots of community support during the past week.
The children’s uncle, William Scott, said the support is very much appreciated – and it’s helping the family through a very difficult time.