SHEBOYGAN, WI (WHBL) - A fire which started in a ceiling fan brought emergency responders to a Sheboygan home early Saturday.
The 911 call came in a little after 5 a.m.
The homeowners say they were awakened by smoke alarms and found smoke and flames coming from the ceiling fan in their child’s bedroom. They used fire extinguishers to put out the flames and removed the fan, but fire crews say more smoke and flames were coming from the hole left behind.
The fire spread to the attic, eventually doing an estimated $30,000 in damage. Firefighters say they had to pull down the ceiling and remove smoldering insulation and a mattress.