From Hollywood.com Staff
She's graced the cover of countless men's magazines, been a host on young men's network G4 and starred in some pretty big movies (remember I Don't Know How She Does It?). But to the average person (ok, woman), actress/model Olivia Munn is still far from a household name.
Tomorrow, she'll share the big screen with Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, and Alex Pettyfer in Steven Soderbergh's Magic Mike.
So who exactly is the 31-year-old actress?
1. She's no dummy. Munn majored in journalism and minored in Japanese at the University of Oklahoma.
2. She started out in sports. ""I used to be a sideline reporter for Fox Sports, doing college football, and womens' basketball courtside, so I've done it before,"" she's said.
3. She gets the hate. She caught a lot of flak for her stint on G4's Attack of the Show with her stunts like jumping into a giant pie wearing a French maid's outfit and gobbling a raw hot dog dangling on a string. ""I'm easy to hate. I get it,"" she told Salon.com. ""When I first came to L.A., I would go to these commercial auditions for Target. I'm 110 pounds now, but I used to be 135. And I would go to these auditions and these girls would be, like, in that effortless L.A. look: T-shirt, jeans and flats. I know what it's like to not think it's fair for someone to look a certain way and also get the dream job. But it's ridiculous to say that a woman can't be funny and also be sexy.""
4. She's dated around. She started her career as ""Lisa Munn"" and embarrassingly dated maligned director Brett Ratner. She moved on to others like Chris Pine and is now linked to The Killing star Joel Kinnaman.
5. She's a fast mover. In 2008, she was #99 on Maxim's Hot 100 List. By 2010, she was #8. And in 2011, she was #2. Could the #1 spot be hers this year?
More:Channing Tatum Shows Off Pre-'Magic Mike' Moves in Leaked Video20 'Magic Mike' Photos That Will Make You Drool'Magic Mike''s Matthew McConaughey: I'd Never Danced