MILWAUKEE (WTAQ) - A 37-year-old man killed in a Milwaukee house fire was identified Wednesday morning as Glenn Walker.
The medical examiner said Walker was listening to a car radio that was connected to a car battery and a charger – and the charger apparently failed and started on fire.
It happened Tuesday morning in the basement of a two-and-a-half story house on Milwaukee’s north side. Officials said the victim died from inhaling soot and other combustible items.
Most of the fire damage was in the basement, and there was smoke damage on the first and second floors.
Walker was living with his sister and her family – and they were outside Wisconsin at the time of the incident.