MADISON, Wis. (WTAQ) - A fire at UW-Madison is blamed on discarded smoking materials. Grainger Hall was evacuated around mid-day on Monday, after smoke entered a conference room. Lori Wirth of the Madison Fire Department said it was initially hard to tell where the fire had started. She said it began under the wood covering of an exterior wall pillar. And an opening allowed smoke to enter building, while flames were coming from a crack between the structure and a nearby sidewalk. No one was hurt. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
Jerry Bader 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Text "JBSHOW" to 79489 and get updates from me. Email me at: email@example.com