NEW LONDON, Wis. (WTAQ) - A shed fire in Waupaca County leaves a man in the hospital after being burned. It happened Sunday morning at a New London residence. Officials say 2 men were stoking a fire in a wood stove, when flames blew out the back of the stove.
A 20-year-old man, who's the son of the homeowners, was taken to the hospital with first and second-degree burns on his face and one of his hands. His friend, a man from Marion, was released from the hospital. Fire crews estimate there could be $100,000 in damage. They're investigating if some of the firewood in the stove was coated with gasoline and waste oil.